How should I earth a metal pendant light?

I heart pattress. I've only just found out what he's called... I could hardly turn my back on him. Although I think you're saying if I remove the pattress I remove the earth coming out of the ceiling, which I had not realised, so perhaps pattress will go.

Also, I'm not very confident in my DIY, I'm a little unsure about the plaster in the ceiling, it doesn't really show when the light is up (unless you know I guess), and there are plenty of things that look far worse and need doing first. But mainly it's down to confidence I suppose (in myself and the ceiling) and prising out the pattress feels like it could lead to more problems. But perhaps I'll take the challenge on and kick the pattress out.

Either way, I shall send photos when done...

Sponsored Links
The earth is on the cable coming through the ceiling, it will still be there and need connecting.
To take the pattress off remove the screws first then use an old screwdriver or CAREFULLY with a knife cut away the plaster/paint from the edge where it seals to the ceiling and lever it off gently, any damage should remain within the size of the light fitting, if needbe a skim of filler will sort it

IMG_20170815_232443.jpg

I never did take a photo...many apologies, but thanks again for all your help.

Luke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back