How should I earth a metal pendant light?

How are you planning to join these together?

screenshot_1303.jpg

Sponsored Links
The cables on the light fitting might not be suitable for those connectors, too small cross section. You could just use the good old screw terminal chock block strips, you only need about 6a rating.

Those connecters are for solid cable, you have FLEXIBLE cable so they are not suitable

Sponsored Links
yes, they will be fine,
make sure the cables go in with no copper wire exposed and theres no need for any pvc tape around them

Bas your link dont work for me.
If its referring to the fact it says for stranded cable, there fine for 64891X stranded the stuff with only about 5 or so cores, however flex is too soft to push in and activate opening the mechanism.
im sure someone could get flex in but its not ideal.

I don't understand the complaint. The page is being blocked by an ad blocker you installed, using a blocking list you must have enabled. Fair enough - I use an ad blocker too. But you can't really complain if it blocks things.

Is it a complaint?

Or is it to inform the poster that not everyone will see what he posted?

Or is it a warning to the unblocked about how they are tracked, profiled, and turned into meatware for targeting?

Eek, don't get me worried about that- trying to change a light is proving hard enough!

So, perhaps as expected, the earth wires won't all fit into the earth bit sticking out of the pattress. What now? Can I connect them to the metal bracket in the photo? Or should I join all three wires using a block and then run a wire from three connector to the earth bit sticking out of the pattress? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Just stick the three in one of the connectors , im assuming you brought some for the other wires , the pattress earth dont need connecting it is PLASTIC, it was there too park the earth as the existing fitting when the house was built was also likely plastic,
Why are you leaving the pattress there anyway it will likely make the fitting look poorly fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back