How the hec do you change the bulb in a Halolite HA-DLM412

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have the above light in our bathroom and the bulb has gone. I gave up on OH changing it so tried to do it myself, but cannot fathom out how to change it as cant get to the bulb. OH said I was making mountain out of mole hill - until he looked at it and scratched his head a bit and agreed he couldn't work it out either. His mate popped round too and they both stood their scratching their heads! :) It seems to have a glass plate between the silver frame and the bulb and no matter how much we twist push or pull we cannot get to the bulb - any ideas?

Have attached picture

//media.diynot.com/192000_191627_48985_46739672_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure but...

...I think you have to pull it down out of the ceiling and the bulb clips in to the fitting.

Mind the clips don't ruin the ceiling on the way out.
Pull the light down until you can get your fingers behind and press the clips in.

Hi

We have the above light in our bathroom and the bulb has gone. I gave up on OH changing it so tried to do it myself, but cannot fathom out how to change it as cant get to the bulb. OH said I was making mountain out of mole hill - until he looked at it and scratched his head a bit and agreed he couldn't work it out either. His mate popped round too and they both stood their scratching their heads! :) It seems to have a glass plate between the silver frame and the bulb and no matter how much we twist push or pull we cannot get to the bulb - any ideas?

Have attached picture

As above, ease it gently out of ceiling and it will be easier to fathom out

But be prepared for shower of plaster (and repair work to the ceiling) as they often go in a lot easier than they come out!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips. We did try this, but couldn't pull it down far enough to get in to see/feel if there were any release clips. I feel I am going to have to do this one as OH may well bring down the whole ceiling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back