How to access the wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me out.
As you can see in the pictures, I've a ceiling light outside the main entrance of the house. I want to install a Ring floodlights camera and I want to use the wire which is powering up the ceiling light. I'd like to know what would be the best way of rerouting the wire from the ceiling onto the wall? I was hoping screws were holding the PVC panel on the outside but it looks like these are screw type nails which won't be easy to pull.
GvymWmS

https://imgur.com/a/GvymWmS

Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest electricians rods but possibly overkill. Can you use welding rod or a metal coat hanger. Drill near the brick and then aim towards the light position and make your connection up there

plastic_peanut thanks for suggesting the rod/coat hanger methods. I didn't think of them.
I'm going to get rid of the ceiling light so I just need to pull the cable towards the wall. I'll try metal hanger tomorrow and would report back.

Sponsored Links
I would push a long length of 4mm singles up the hole so it loops and coils in the void then try the coat hanger or rods, needs lots of patience if you can get help having someone at the cable end they should be able to feel if you are making contact

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back