How to build garden Gate ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am currently changing posts on my fence and while i am on want to make the garden gate wider as its veryt small, i have purchased a pack of 5, 19 x 150mm 1.83m gravel treated boards for the gate itself and for the support pieces 45x70mm does anyone think these are too think for the brace parts ?

here is origional on the far left

what design is best and strongest ? should i make a frame or do a z shape one or one like the one in the pic but with another cross piece on the top part aswel so a z shape ontop of another of that makes sense

openboard fence thats fitted so would this sort of design do the job ? http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=op...w=220&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:73

anyhelp would be appreciated
thanks Dean

Sponsored Links
The middle bit of the Z goes from inside bottom (at the hinge) to outside top. To stop the frame of the gate from sagging. Not sure about the timber as I cant find the dimensions of the gate. But that could be just me, I'll have another wee look

Edit 1:
Found the gate, if you are not making it much wider, just copy the old one in everything but width. The z on the bottom of the gate is correct and you could put one on the top as well or one big one from top to bottom. with the last option obviously you will cut the middle timber to fit. Hope this makes sense

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back