timesaver strap on boss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I need to cut out a 64mm hole in a timesaver down pipe to fit a strap on boss. I have the boss etc I just need some advice on drilling out the hole. I have a bosch bi metal holesaw which I have previously used to cut holes in structural steel joists. See link below.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bo...&tbnw=166&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0

Has anyone tried this with this holesaw and has it worked? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Plastic downpipe? In which case you're laughing, just make sure you use a very low speed, e.g. a cordless drill on its lowest gear and with just enough pressure on the trigger to do the job. Presume your holesaw has a pilot drill centrally?

Cast iron is a different matter, of course!

The biometal holesaw should do the trick, but if not stitch drill around the marked area you want to cut out and use a sharp cold chisel & lump hammer.

Sponsored Links
bi metal yer scotch twonk :rolleyes:

Bi metal or bisexual, whatever lights yer candle luv!!
You know what Kev, I think I've drank that much Single Malt I've turned into Scotch. Pass on my regards to your wife/sister........... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back