How to Chamfer a Concrete Slab

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

I've made a large concrete slab as a base for a machine, and I've been told I've got to chamfer the edges.

How do I do this?

I looked online and it appears most people use shuttering that molds the chamfer in situ. It's too late for that. Also I tried to chisel a chamfer whilst the concrete was soft but this just made a mess. Now it has hardened I suppose I must use an angle grinder. Has anyone got any good advice? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, use an angle grinder with a diamond blade. 9" one has more power but you can't get the precsion with one - for that use a 4.5" grinder (though no deep cuts with one of these)

Nozzle

You should have troweled the muck whilst still wet but after it has firmed up. Machine cutting it whilst it is still green will not yield the best results. It needs a month or so.

Would it be viable to increase the footprint and chamfer the new addition?
I.e. Add a new 4" border and trowel that?

Sponsored Links
can I ask why the edges need chamfering.

It's:

a) To stop the edges breaking away
b) For appearance and to match other concrete slabs near to it
c) To minimise injuries to anyone falling on to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back