How to change a light bulb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to change this downlight bulb?

There are no clips like on the videos on youtube. There are only 2 ridges not 3 like the videos, where the middle nicely screws off. Completely lost? I can't turn the middle bit, does the whole thing have to come out?

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_191827245.jpg
    IMG_20221127_191827245.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Normally you twist the middle bit anti clockwise with the two ridges and it pulls down ….it may be a sealed unit and you replace all of it !

Sponsored Links
The big ring (outer) turns but I'm afraid to turn it too much in case the whole thing falls out.

Hold it still and lift the house off of it. :giggle:

Pull the whole thing downwards. Watch the spring clips as they can get your fingers.
How many in the room?
six, to be clear you are saying the whole unit needs to be replaced each time a bulb fails. It looks like a Aurora EN-DLM356 only one i can find online with 2 ridges not 3 in the middle. Or can you take the whole thing out and put a new bulb in?

Assuming you have the correct part number... I know nothing of the product but they are supplied without bulbs according to the 3 sites i clicked on selling them. They use GU10 bulbs so yes less than ¼ turn anticlockwise and drop out.

Pull it out and have a look.
Some of this type of light are integrated and the bulb is not replaceable. You would have to replace the whole thing.
Some have replaceable bulbs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back