How to connect rainwater downpipe into toilet soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house in question is quite old and has a combined drainage system.

There's a soil pipe from the toilet that runs beneath a roof eave where there's a raingutter downpipe. What fittings do I need to connect the rainwater downpipe to the toilet soil pipe?

Would something like a rear inlet bottle gulley be OK?

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 18.38.11.png

Though I'm not sure because I don't think the trap would be big enough to let the 'solids' through and might be prone to blockage.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Edit, I assume the solution is this, correct?

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 18.46.29.png

So all the sh*t going along the soil pipe doesn't have to go through the bottle gulley.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I confused myself and you. :rolleyes::oops:

Yes that arrangement would be normal - either a bottle or a p trap.

There should be ventilated stack at the end of the run where the toilet is, else there is a risk that flushed water running past the new gully will pull the water trap out and let sewer smells out.

Sorry I confused myself and you. :rolleyes::oops:

Yes that arrangement would be normal - either a bottle or a p trap.

There should be ventilated stack at the end of the run where the toilet is, else there is a risk that flushed water running past the new gully will pull the water trap out and let sewer smells out.

lol no worries. So just to confirm the second picture is correct and the the first pic (bottle gulley inline with the soil pipe) is a stupid idea?

Yes, ventilated stack already in place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back