How to cut a perfect 210mm circle in ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above guys, how do i manage to cut a perfect 210mm circle in my dryline ceiling. I have some commercial style recessed lights in need to fix in

cheers

Sponsored Links
can you even get a 210mm hole saw at a reasonable price?

First of all I havent seen many hole saws that size and the one i did was for £84 :eek:

I was looking at spending something more along the lines of around £10 lol, its only for a few lights

Draw a circle with a compass then use a a pad saw, most lights will have a flange larger than the hole so the edge will be covered.

Adjustable hole saws tend to stop at about 200-205mm :(

Jason

Sponsored Links
I played around on a spare piece of plasterboard with my drywall knife which looks similar to the pad knife but i realised it is way too hard to cut in flexible directions i.e. only cuts straight

Is this really as good as you guys say it is. Bare in mind I also need the same tool for cutting a hole in a plastered ceiling also which consists of simply a plasterboarded ceiling and finished with board finish.

Let me know guys, cheers

a padsaw will do the job no probs, just use the top 1/2 to 2inches of the saw

When you're using the pad saw to cut into the plastered ceiling, make the saw blade cut on the "up stroke only", don't pull the blade downwards to cut, as this might damage the plaster. Just take your time, no problem.

Roughcaster.

radsik ive got two of them but they are no good. They wont really turn whilst im cutting, they only tend to go in straight lines

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back