How to cut a perfect 210mm circle in ceiling

Sponsored Links
Lol Breezer ive spent weeks locating the joists its been a pain in the backside.

Finally theyve all been located apart from a little section where smaller downlights were to go in. So instead in that part of the ceiling im going to fix the downlights to a 18mm MDF panel and hang that off the ceiling around 3 inch.

So loads of drill holes and then tidy the teeth marks?

Sponsored Links
Padsaw as I originally said, decent tool shop or electrical suppliers will have them, the wood handle with replaceable blades are best. Failing that something like this which has a narrower blade than the drywall saws will do. 210mm should be easy a pad saw will do a decent circle down to 50mm, just keep the saw moving up&down and don't take too much off each stroke.

Jason

And, as mentioned earlier in this thread, just use the top couple of inches where the blade is thinner - I've cut holes of far smaller diameter nae probs!

The B&Q one is better as the blade is narrower, you could have ordered on line from the link I posted for both pad saws :confused:

Jason

But Jason they wouldnt have arrived by tomorrow lol

Thats the problem, i need to finish these for tomorrow

This could be because you are trying to put too much pressure on the blade/ saw too quickly. Sawing problems are nearly always caused by overenthusiasm. Go gently and let the teeth on the blade do the work. Upstroke only, unless you have a saw designed to cut on push & pull like mine. Should go round easily.

If you really can't do it, chain drill (Drill a series of holes approx 1.5cm apart and then use the padsaw to cut between the holes.

Katie

No with my drywall saw the teeth are very big to cut in curves. It cuts straight only for some reason lol

Wow - Can you tell me where you got it? I want one. Some of my students have trouble sawing a straight line even with a panel saw!!! :eek: :LOL:

From Screwfix lol

I looked at 3-4 and they looked similar and this for some reason was really cheap also

I initially bought it for cutting plasterboards generally and thought it would do this job also. Excellent for straight line cuts though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back