how to cut paving slabs around curved pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I plan to edge my pond which is a long oval with 30 cms square slabs. the long side i can get away with not cutting the slabs but each end which is curved the slabs will need cutting so the joints are uniform. the question is whats the best way to plan the cuts. do i get a expert in? is there a link to a video? any advice your be appreciated

Sponsored Links
You cill not only have to cut the edges curved but also taper the flags on both sides to make the curve tighter.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/cut_in02.htm

If you have plenty of spares go nuts and try it. If you don;t or the flags are expensive then maybe get a pro in.

hi thanks for the quick reply it is the tapering of the sides that is my main concern, and how to keep the joints as evenly spaced as possible
thanks

Sponsored Links
To be honest anytime i do it is by eye, when its a circle then its simply a case of getting one master template right but on a tightening oval you'll just have to make a best guess and then re-cut.

Personally i find a 9 inch grinder easier than a stihl saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back