How to dismantle part of the Diverter Valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have recently replaced the right hand side of the diverter valve (part 362).
Thank you all for your help on a succesful project!

But I now have to replace the left hand side (part 363).
Today, I received the part and now would like to fit it safely and properly.

Please can anyone advise on how to do so?

If you look at part 363, the furthest left part has a thread one side and 3 screws the other end.
What are the three screws for and do I do anything with them?

How does part 364 attach to part 363 please?

Do I have to drain the system to remove the old part (363) to install the new part please?

Parts Illustration.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 14.48.49.png

Screen-Shot-2018-05-01-at-14.49.04.png
Parts Illustration.png

Sponsored Links
First fit part 363 into valve body then slacken those grub screws fit part 364 into part 363 align it and then tighten screws.

Thank you Heatservice for your speedy reply.

I presume to follow your instructions, I have to slacken the grub screws first, allowing me to insert the part 363 before doing what you have kindly posted please?

Do the grub screws hold part 364 to the other brass unumbered part and the unumbered part screws in the main unit that has the part 363 inserted into it?

Thank you Heatservice for your speedy reply.

I presume to follow your instructions, I have to slacken the grub screws first, allowing me to insert the part 363 before doing what you have kindly posted please?

Do the grub screws hold part 364 to the other brass unumbered part and the unumbered part screws in the main unit that has the part 363 inserted into it?
Thats correct, you may need to remove those 2 small copper pipe also to give good access.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for your advice and support, Heatservice.

Hopefully this will save me a 'bob' or two, especially as I don't have the finances right now! ;)

Arrrggghhhh!! I have followed Heatwave excellent advice and fitted the new part 363 nicely.

But it is still leaking, if not worse!!

It appears to be coming out of the brass piece and rubber seal (not part numbered) located between part numbers 364 and 363.

Any urgent help and advice please!

Arrrggghhhh!! I have followed Heatwave excellent advice and fitted the new part 363 nicely.

But it is still leaking, if not worse!!

It appears to be coming out of the brass piece and rubber seal (not part numbered) located between part numbers 364 and 363.

Any urgent help and advice please!
Do you mean the brass nut with the 3 screws in? Did part 363 not come with a new one as it has a small O ring seal which the centre pin of part 363 passes through, what make & model is your boiler?

Hello Heatservice. Thanks for getting back to me.

I thought I had fixed it, but it appears to be leaking evenmore now!

Okay, first of all, there is only 2 brass screws not 3. That could be why it is leaking.
Part 363 comes exactly how the illustration shows (it is an original Ariston spare part).

My boiler is an Ariston EuroCombi A23 MFFI......

Ariston EuroCombi.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 16.37.52.png

Last edited:
No the screws are only to hold the two parts together, not to make a water tight seal, you need to identify if the leak is from the brass nut or the bottom part of the diaphragm housing unit (364), if you slacken the screws and ease them apart while it still under pressure you should see which part its leaking from..

Thanks Heatservice.

I will have a go at that right now!

;)

Thanks Heatservice, I will have a go at that right now.

I have stripped the parts, cleaned them well and wrapped some PTFE tape around the thread of the unumbered part brass nut.

And still it leaks.

I really can't see where the leak is actually coming from.

Any suggestions please?

I have stripped the parts, cleaned them well and wrapped some PTFE tape around the thread of the unumbered part brass nut.

And still it leaks.

I really can't see where the leak is actually coming from.

Any suggestions please?
hard to say really, when its all together does it look like the leak is in the area of that brass nut with the 2 screws?

Hello. Thanks....

I think so, but hard to tell as it is either at the back or bottom so I can't really see.

Could it be the washer on the brass nut? Why is that part not numbered? Does that mean it is not replaceable?

Last edited:
Hello. Thanks....

I think so, but hard to tell as it is either at the back or bottom so I can't really see.

Could it be the washer on the brass nut? Why is that part not numbered? Does that mean it is not replaceable?
You would need to contact the manufacturers or their agents to find out about parts availability. Try useing a small mirror to help see the back of the valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back