How to do a Central heating power flush

kevplumb wrote:

if only it was that easy

Was there something I missed in the steps I outlined? :O Please let me know. icon_smile.gif

like having to turn rads on and off and the need to rebalance afterwards

kevplumb wrote:
balancing the rads is easy enough

This is something i'm not sure about. How does I balance them? It is where I use a key to let out air of each radiator OR do I need to do something with the boiler?

you balance the flow through each rad with the lockshield valve

kevplumb wrote:
and if you have to top the boiler press up you dont need to turn the water off just the boiler icon_wink.gif

I've got no idea about this. Please explain what you mean.

boiler is on a pressurised system you only need mains water to top the pressure up afterwards :idea:

Sponsored Links
1) We had a new boiler installed about 2 months ago and I was told to make sure I get it done

who told you that?

During the time of installation, I was telling the engineer about the bottom of radiators being cold and top being hot. He then reccomended getting a powerflush.

I told him i'd get it done and hire a machine so as a favour he put the chemicals into the boiler. The idea being that if the chemicals sit in the system for a while that it would enhance give it more time to work before I eventually ran the powerflush. However, he also warned me to make sure I get it done because if not flushed out, the chemicals would affect the life of the boiler.

1) We had a new boiler installed about 2 months ago and I was told to make sure I get it done

who told you that?

During the time of installation, I was telling the engineer about the bottom of radiators being cold and top being hot. He then reccomended getting a powerflush.

I told him i'd get it done and hire a machine so as a favour he put the chemicals into the boiler. The idea being that if the chemicals sit in the system for a while that it would enhance give it more time to work before I eventually ran the powerflush. However, he also warned me to make sure I get it done because if not flushed out, the chemicals would affect the life of the boiler.

who told you that?

Sponsored Links
We had a new boiler installed about 2 months ago and I was told to make sure I get it done
Did the installer flush the system before fitting the new boiler?

If not, the system will not have been installed in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, which will invalidate their warranty.

Which chemicals did the installer add to the system?

who told you that?

its the installers job to make sure the boiler is installed on to a clean system. He hasn't done you any favours, he should have flushed the system before installing the new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back