How To Ensure Tumble Drier Vent Not Kinked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a free standing tumble drier which is meant to slot into a space under a worktop. There is a vent connection at the back of the space, which is ducted to outside.

I have to connect the drier to the vent connection with a flexible hose before I push the machine back into the space, because once it starts to slide under the worktop there is no access to the back, because there are units on either side too.

To get the drier to fit flush under the worktop, I have to push it all the way back until it won't go any further, but I am worried that the metre or so of flexible vent hose will end up crushed or kinked behind the machine when I push it back, preventing the machine from venting properly, and potentially creating a fire hazard.

Is there any trick or special method to overcome this? Is there any reliable way to check if the airflow is what it should be once it's in place (there is a mushroom cap over the end of the vent outside so I can't wouldn't easily be able to tell what flow rate was coming out)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I find it best to use a louvre type flap - and that way you can see if there's any kinking, and if necessary remove the flap so you can get your arm in there as a guide.
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back