How to find a good roofer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents house has a kitchen extension and a few years back they got a pitched rood put on it (it was flat before) and in my opinion the roofers have done a crap job. One skylight is higher than the other, i also believe the rafters used are not correct for the span (it looks like its bowing) and also the tiles may not be suitable for the pitch. It is a low pitch roof. I need to help them get this sorted out. How do you go about finding a competent roofer who will use the correct insulation in the kitchen ceiling, will correctly lay the underlay and do a good job? Basically strip it all back and do it again properly

Any tips would be appreciated. Are there associations that roofs should be part of? is this necessary etc

Cheers
Raji

Sponsored Links
yes i believe so. i wasn't well at the time otherwise i wouldnt have employed them . they didnt pay them all the money so thats one saving grace.

Sponsored Links
Pay cheap - buy twice.

The best thing to do is ask friends or family for recommendations or find 3 local roofing companies and get 3 quotes and ask to speak to past customers.

This might flag you as a nightmare customer but at least you should get a good job done.

Good work is not cheap!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back