How to find the MPG of our car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This maybe a silly question, but how do we find the MPG of our car?

We have an Audi A1 TFSI 1.4 but have been asked by the company (the car owners) for the MPG with regards to annual petrol / mileage?

I can't seem to see anything directly in the manual?

So thought i'd ask here for any online tables etc that could provide me with info?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Go to parkers.co.uk and browse around the links for your car, in particular the "facts and figures" link.

Or to find yours out precisely...fill with fuel and reset the odo mileometer. Use the car for at least half a tank then fill up again. Note how many miles you've covered and how many litres it took to fill back up.

Take your litres and divide by 4.54, which will convert it to gallons. Divide your miles by your gallons gives your true mpg.

Depends largely on how and where you drive but I would take Alan's suggestion and look on parkers for a real world consumption.

Peter

If you have Audi Multi Media Interface (MMI) it should give you average MPG on one of the many menu's. Just contact your dealer

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound stupid here, but why can't you just work it out for real and not use a manual?

Just fill up the tank, set the meter to zero and then drive..........and drive and drive.

Then fill up the tank again and record the mileage used. Simple.

Do they want the "official" figures or what you're actually getting? If it's the former, see if there's something called an "EC Certificate of Conformity" in the papers with the car. Also, you could go on the government's website to get the official figures here:

http://carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx

If it's real figures they're after, just do s suggested above. There are plenty of Smartphone apps that will do it. I use "Totalfuel".

1.4 engine petrol car - real world mpg £15-£16 per 100 miles . work it back to mpg from that ;)

Sponsored Links
Back