How can I verify car park lighting unrealistic £10k cost

I've had Ansell Tornado 6 foot twin anti-corrosives in my garage for a good few years and they've been excellent.

Sponsored Links
Why? LED replacements use less electricity and give less light. You will need almost double the number.

Anyway the large uses he cannot be due to the lights.
It's almost like having Winston1 back again! Has anyone else missed him? ;)

Why? LED replacements use less electricity and give less light. You will need almost double the number.

Anyway the large uses he cannot be due to the lights.
Have a look at the lumen values.

I have 2x 6 foot twin LED anti-corrosives in my garage. They replaced 2x 8 foot twin 100W fluorescents (IE 400W total) and they are way brighter.

They have a total consumption of 142W.

Sponsored Links

I wouldn't want normal magnetic ballast fluorescents, operated frequently on a PIR, due to the wear and tear. LED's would be much more suited to that. Installation of PIR control, for lighting which is needed irregularly, such as these, is the obvious solution to save both energy and money. LED lighting can be as good, or even better than fluorescent.

Nonsense.
He’s actually correct. When we replace fluorescent tubes with led tubes we have to add more fittings to achieve the same measured lux levels. Still a considerable nett reduction in power usage though.

He’s actually correct. When we replace fluorescent tubes with led tubes we have to add more fittings to achieve the same measured lux levels. Still a considerable nett reduction in power usage though.
His claim of simultaneously using more power and getting less light is nonsense.

His claim of simultaneously using more power and getting less light is nonsense.
Am I missing something in his post?

”Why? LED replacements use less electricity and give less light. You will need almost double the number. ”

Am I missing something in his post?

”Why? LED replacements use less electricity and give less light. You will need almost double the number. ”
Looks like I misread it, sorry.

But surely it just depends what rating of lamp you chose

I have some higher power globes where necessary. And they are cheaper to run than the previous CFLs

FWIW I've replaced dozens of LED replacements with Fluorescent at customers requests

Have a look at the lumen values.

I have 2x 6 foot twin LED anti-corrosives in my garage. They replaced 2x 8 foot twin 100W fluorescents (IE 400W total) and they are way brighter.

They have a total consumption of 142W.

LED's are marginally better than fluorescent lights. The e-ballast types are very nearly as efficient, I certainly would not swap them for LED's without good reason.

My good reason was the cost of the 8 foot tubes!

The lower consumption is a bonus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back