Car trailer parked on my private road - how to get it removed

You could ask them why they have it? It sounds like they are never going to use it. Offer to help them sell/get rid of it?
That's a good point it doesn't look like its been moved since it was put there

Sponsored Links
Have you got enough space to store it for him? I appreciate its his problem but if you have loads of space there is a built in solution without anyone being upset.

.....and you get a car trailer.

I would forget about the letter.
Speak to them in person.
Make it look like you're meeting them accidentally by waiting for them to come out and you going out at the same time to throw the rubbish.
Approach them in a friendly manner "Morning! How you doing? How's the Mrs doing?"
Then, after the initial chit chat, say something along the lines of "Do you use this trailer?"
If they say no, ask them if they want to sell and offer to do it for them.
If they say yes, go along with "would it be ok if next month you move it somewhere else because I'm having building work done and a builder who came to give me a quote mentioned that it's rather difficult to turn around with a van. I can help you move it or if you trust me with it, I can do it myself".
At this point if they're a couple of misfits they'll tell you to jog on, the trailer is there to stay.
If they're reasonable they'll appreciate your offer and work with you to get it moved.
My bet is on them wanted rid of it and being glad if you sold it for them.
What would an old couple do with a trailer???

How about this.
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you move the trailer now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

Sign it
Liam Neeson

Sponsored Links
Set fire to it! (Denso I'm only joking).

It is possible that the other neighbours are sick of it too. Have you asked them?

Forget letters, go round and talk to them, old people can often prefer that as they like a good chat.
Do not start with the trailer but bring it up during conversation.

There's a big difference between vehicles delivering stuff or even parking temporarily and a trailer there on a permanent basis.

For those of you who think the neighbors are close knit.. my immediate next door neighbor (who didn't know who owned it) - told me I should charge rent for them storing it on my land! So, I dont think they'll be ganging up on me!! Quite frankly removing it benefits everyone.

Having said all that, they are an elderly couple and his wife has cancer. So, I'm not looking to pick a fight or distress them.

My options I think. Preferred at the top:
1. I want him to move it into his garage (or anywhere else off the access road)!
2. Give me a key to the trailer lock and I'll move it whenever I need.
3. He moves it when I have contractors round - but I have to keep telling him.

Now the tricky thing is how to broach the subject. Not a big fan of writing a letter. I'll have to speak to him. Finding the right words is hard
dont read too much into casual comments, people will often vent but still have stronger connections to "what they know" the status quo that they understand and like even iff something bugs them
just keep in mind most people will have gripes about people around them but as a newcomer sharing with you is probably more venting than taking you to heart so do not take any action as a guidance to how you react
in other words do not take comments as agreeing with your thoughts or actions you need to form your own thoughts and keep in mind you have to fit in as the newbie as those you think agree with you will tend to favour the status quo

Would a supermarket delivery van have trouble?

When my mother got wobbly the fire brigade sent someone to check smoke alarms etc; they made noises about access. Tell the old folk you've been told off...

But yes, talk first, offer to help yada yada, before writing.

(If all else fails, put a notice on gumtree - free to collectors....)

Cut the lock, move the trailer far away. Simples

Criminal Damage and Fraud. Also Interference with goods.

next :D

Sponsored Links
Back