How to finish crown molding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am really new to DIY and need some help, I have recently pulled down the wallpaper from master bedroom of the house I bought but I can still see some of the old paint and wallpaper at the edge of the crown molding. What is the most easiest way to finish it to prepare it for paint? I tried removing it with scrappers and water but it wasn't enough to remove it all. I have attached a picture on how it looks .

Would really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200626_175441.jpg
    20200626_175441.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
That picture looks more like a bad damaged plaster edge to the moulding, rather than remains of wallpaper and paint.

Hopefully I'm wrong?

The plaster is grey in colour, the edge where crown molding and plaster meet are remains of multiple layers of lining paper, wallpaper and paint. I have applied zinnser gardz to the surface and will do a mist coat of paint.

To remove this bits do you think using a delta head sander would be a good idea ?

Thanks

Ah yes, I see it now. I think...

Why doesn't it just scrape off then? Would it help running a knife along between the wall and the bottom of the moulding?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back