How to fit a wrought iron juliette balcony?

A balcony on the other hand will pull the bolts out the same way they went in as it can rotate, since it's only supported at one end.
A juliet balcony is not really a balcony, it's just a fence in front of an inward-opening door or window. you can't stand on it as it has no floor.

Sponsored Links
Ahh okay, sorry.

Never the less I would say this thing is going to be "pulled away" rather than "pushed down". Someone is bound to use it to climb up one day, put the Christmas lights up or something, and it will pull out of the wall.

Shield anchors all the way through the brick?

I'll wait for someone who knows to confirm though.

A juliet balcony is not really a balcony, it's just a fence in front of an inward-opening door or window. you can't stand on it as it has no floor.

Regardless, the fixings need to be suitable to resist pull out force and not just shear

Sponsored Links
Balcony - OK so I will go for 6 Rawl plugs to be sure, please confirm everyone agrees these will be strong enough to do the job -

http://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-rawlbolts-m6-x-70mm-pack-of-5/60234

and for the Decking which is 29ft length ( attached to the house ) and I would probably use say 12 of the following to do the job?

So say http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Scr...hors/Masonry+Bolt+M8+x+75mm/d90/sd2040/p40447

would that be sufficient?

please give your opinion in both cases. I really appreciate the advice.

I have a whole floor held up with these self tapping bolts.

Good for you.

Its not a balcony though is it? The loading is completely different

Yeah I can see where you are coming from now. To be honest I'm not a builder but my dad and brother are and seen then using these type bolts for lots of things. I just wire stuff up and join wood and stuff. Maybe a Epoxy resin fixing would be a good fix for this type job? If these self tipping bolts are used right you get a very good fix. But on this type job it seems epoxy wins.

My neighbour had his bedroom window taken out and doors and a JB fitted but he had it made so the whole bottom bolt holes was lined up with his joists which he marked out when he was doing the room, anyhow he had bolts ( not sure what they are) going right through the brickwork and into the joists, I will ask what he used for the side bolts and get back if its not to late

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back