How to fit pipe 110mm into gulley?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the below gulley I want to cut out the blank and fir a pipe 110mm pipe into it but how a 110mm pipe fits into the socket but how do I secure/seal it in?

Thanks

Jon

Attachments

• iOS Image - 4072832521.jpg
    iOS Image - 4072832521.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
I’m not entirely sure that you should be doing that. What’s the 110mm pipe connected to?

I’m not entirely sure that you should be doing that. What’s the 110mm pipe connected to?

Hi it’s connected to another gulley that takes rain water from the roof of my garage into a soak away I want to take it through 90 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Ok, so you probably just need to do as noseall has said then a solvent weld fitting, perhaps a coupling, but only if you can get it to fit.

why a 110mm for a garage roof rainwater? why not use a typical 69mm down pipe? rainwater pipes shouldnt be sealed into the gulley, you will need acces to clean the trap and maybe for rodding.
If in future you mean to use the gulley for a side entry soil pipe then theres muchbetter ways of doing it

It's what back inlet gullies were made for.(y)
I get that, was making sure OP wasn’t trying to connect a soil pipe to it, as 110mm connection was mentioned, not usual size for rain water :D

Hi

Thanks all. Now I am confused. Firstly I am using 110mm because that is the size of the inlet/outlet on the gully. The gully is a back inlet gully but I want to bring the pipe into the side by cutting out one of the blanks as in the picture. There is no soil or foul water enviovex it’s purely rain water that drains into a disk away I have installed on my property Didn’t realise it would get so complicated.

Jon

I think it was just being ascertained you were not trying to connect the drain from a toilet into the Gully, (it does happen....)

Simple enough to do, cut out the blank to open the boss, then solvent weld the 110m pipe spigot into the boss.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back