How to fit these connectors to coax cable (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got some cable and connectors to wire up my tvLink to the Sky digibox so I can watch/control Sky in another room. Question is, I have never seen these types of connectors before and would like advice on how to connect to the coax cable. They appear to be a type of push fit or something?

Anyone any ideas?

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ah they are cheap and nasty, but work quite well, provided you dont put much stress on the cable.

Slide the black rubber bit onto the cable, so the wide part points to the end of the cable. Strip the cable, as you would normally.

Insert the centre conductor into the hole on the metal bit, and spread the braid over the screw thread on the outside.

Then slide the black rubber bit back over the braid (i know its a screw thread but it will just slide on firmly)

Of do it properly and ditch the black bit. Then go and buy an 'f' plug which will connect directly into the rear of that adaptor.

Lectrician said:
Of do it properly and ditch the black bit. Then go and buy an 'f' plug which will connect directly into the rear of that adaptor.

Or an even better way, buy a good quality male coax end thus doing away with an adaptor!

Sponsored Links
cheers guys. Will probably bin the adapter and buy a normal connector.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back