How to fit this bleeding shower & handset..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I bought this swanky shower & handset (or so I thought)..

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...ic-valve-with-square-shower-head-handset.aspx

..and it didn't come with full fitting instructions. I've done the valve, that came with instructions, but the head and handset didn't.

The head I can probably work out, but the handset doesn't seem right as there's not enough thread to fix onto the wall/plate.

I spoke to customer services and said there were no fitting instructions, and I suspect there are some missing parts, and they said they were all sent out (without confirming with me which parts were missing) on monday. Still not arrived, and am doubtful they ever will to be honest.

Anyway, I would like to get this fitted this weekend, so am happy to go and buy the parts I need, but wondered if any of you kind souls could offer some advice on how to fit them.

Here is the handset, as you can see there are no washers, or fixings..

And here is the head, which includes a rubber washer, metal washer, and nut ..

Can anyone briefly tell me how to mount these to the wall please? It's currently a stud wall which will be boarded over and the tiled, so I can add some wooden backplates or blocks or anything else that is required.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
The MI's should detail every thing you need to know.
Mebbe its written in Chinese. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The manufactures dont supply fixings to the wall ;) you ned a couple of these

Ahhhhhh, you're a star, like squeaky mentioned though, looks like it should be supplied. Never mind, will go and get a couple tomorrow.

What about the fittings supplied with the shower head? How should they be arranged?

One thing that's always confused me about these kinds of fittings though - how do you make sure that when you're finished tightening it as tight as it will go, it will point in the right direction???

One thing that's always confused me about these kinds of fittings though - how do you make sure that when you're finished tightening it as tight as it will go, it will point in the right direction???

Just the right amount of thread sealer/lock or PTFE, I use a liquid PTFE for jobs like that. Others prefer loctite etc. Then it's getting it just tight enough.

With the concealed shower head, the smaller rubber washer goes against the chrome bar on the shower side of the wall, the large washer and nut go on the other side of the wall.

Just the right amount of thread sealer/lock or PTFE, I use a liquid PTFE for jobs like that. Others prefer loctite etc. Then it's getting it just tight enough.

With the concealed shower head, the smaller rubber washer goes against the chrome bar on the shower side of the wall, the large washer and nut go on the other side of the wall.

Great! thanks. So am I right in thinking that the handset is supported by the wall plate elbow alone? The thread doesn't look long enough to pass through the wall AND attach the elbow to it. So i'm guessing i'll have to have a hole in the wall for the elbow to poke through?

Yes, the elbow will be your means of support, thats why it has the back plate for attachement to a structure.

As Madrab said above, the nut should protrude through the wall so that you can thread in adequately, otherwise you will be pushing too far in and now get a decent seal on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back