How to fix toilet onto tiled/asphalt floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathrooom has porcelain tiles (10mm) adhered to an asphalt floor (property recently damp proofed). Toilet has been sited in the bathroom, not sure how I should fix in place, as drilling thru the asphalt will compromise the dpc? Should I silicone the toilet pan onto the tiles and not bother with fixings? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Bathrooom has porcelain tiles (10mm) adhered to an asphalt floor (property recently damp proofed). Toilet has been sited in the bathroom, not sure how I should fix in place, as drilling thru the asphalt will compromise the dpc? Should I silicone the toilet pan onto the tiles and not bother with fixings? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Not sure how much help this will be but I've got a laminate bathroom floor with a lot of pipes and cables under the floor boards. I used silicone to stick the pan to the laminate and it worked very well.

Not too sure what s-t sticks are, I used standard evo-stick silicone in a silicone gun. Secondly, I didn't put any silicone under the pan, just around the sides where the bottom of the pan meets the floor. This way, If in the future I ever need to remove the pan, I can easily cut away the silicone from the sides and remove the pan.

As the silicone was also see through, you can't actually see it there unless you look for it.

The pan is secure and doesn't move at all.

Sponsored Links
sticks like s--t is the product name of an adhesive that bonds different materials together. i last used to fix a metal bracket on the inside of the legs of my composite fireplace, which then allowed me to fix it to the wall. check it out in the screwfix catalogue
they also have a version which is a mastic sealant, rather than an adhesive
my reply was a bit cheeky but based on an ideal tool for the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back