how to get rid of wall lights and put in pendant light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 wall lights in my living room and would like to replace these with a single pendant fitting. I want to get an electrician to do this but wanted to have a reasonable idea f how they should approach the task before they come in.

In an ideal world these wall lights, or sconces as I found out they are technically called, would just be on one circuit so the electricion could detach them from the consumer unit and then install a new lighting circuit for the pendant. Unfortunately, they are on the same circuit as the hall lights and bedroom lights so this sounds like a pain.

Alternatively, could i in some way decommission two of the wall lights ( could they be choc blocked or finished off in some safe way and simply left in the partition wall and then the wires from the pendant light be taken from the wires that go into the 3rds remaining light?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if it were me i would lift floor boards above and dissconect lights from where they are fed and put in new ceiling light

If it were me I'd leave the wall lights there, and install a pendant as well, thus providing choice.

In an ideal world these wall lights, or sconces as I found out they are technically called, would just be on one circuit so the electricion could detach them from the consumer unit and then install a new lighting circuit for the pendant.
That would not be an ideal world - that would be very unusual.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
If it were me I'd leave the wall lights there, and install a pendant as well, thus providing choice.

nah, dont want to do that, thats more dusting to be done :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back