HOW TO GET RID OF WOOD PIGEONS(without shooting them )

I knew I'd seen this somewhere... :D

7156a1a8.jpg

Sponsored Links
Shooting is the only permanent option.

Pigeons are vermin and to shoot one on your property or where you have permission is legal as long as the gun your firing is legal.

Your neighbours may complain if they spot you doing it however.

People can keep the pigeons at bay by making the house look dull and avoiding the birds to enter the house. People can fend off pigeons by making sure that, vulnerable spots like window roofs are dry and there is no puddle.
:rolleyes:

Shooting is the only permanent option.

Pigeons are vermin and to shoot one on your property or where you have permission is legal as long as the gun your firing is legal.

Your neighbours may complain if they spot you doing it however.

That reminds me, as a young teenager i used to chuck bread in the garden for the Starlings (i hated them as they used to bully the sparrows!) and id shoot them with my air rifle, not very sporting i know.
Now it's something i'd ever do now, what a horrible spotty oik i was!

I think i stopped when my neighbour complained when i missed one and it landed on a tree in my neighbours garden, where i shot it.

Sponsored Links
How do you get rid of wood pigeons from your garden ?, without shooting them.

Do you feed the birds over the summer? This is the time of year when there is plenty of natural food about, and birds have least need of artficial supplements. Restricting your feeding to Winter and early Spring won't get rid of the pigeons entirely, but should reduce the numbers involved.

If you want to encourage birds into your garden over the summer, manage your garden in a way that provides plenty of natural food, plus water, shelter and nesting sites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back