How to Hive mini wire to Vokera Easi Heat 29c Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys hope you can help. I searched on here and YouTube and want to confirm before connecting it. Should I link the blue and brown wire to the block on the boiler shown in the picture please? For the N L cable I will wire from the fuse spur. And Can I use 5 Core 0.75mm for them? THank you so much

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-28 at 19.58.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-28 at 19.58.42.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 螢幕截圖 2023-12-28 19.56.35.png
    螢幕截圖 2023-12-28 19.56.35.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
yes you can use 5 core , or 4 core if you prefer, best to take the L&N supply to the hive receiver from the boiler supply and 1&3 from the hive go to those 2 terminals at the boiler, DO NOT link L&1 at the hive as you may see on other posts, it must be a single channel hive not a dual channel, the switching of the vokera is 24 v if you put 240v in there it is a very expensive mistake

yes you can use 5 core , or 4 core if you prefer, best to take the L&N supply to the hive receiver from the boiler supply and 1&3 from the hive go to those 2 terminals at the boiler, DO NOT link L&1 at the hive as you may see on other posts, it must be a single channel hive not a dual channel, the switching of the vokera is 24 v if you put 240v in there it is a very expensive mistake
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation! Where is the L&N from the boiler please? Because in this block I didn't see the N&L
Thank you so much again it helps a lot

One last question, how do I know if my hive mini is single channel or dual channel? Thanks again

Sponsored Links
One last question, how do I know if my hive mini is single channel or dual channel? Thanks again
Where did you obtain your Hive from? If it does heating only (one channel) then it’s a single channel, if it’s capable of hot water (two channels) then it’s a dual channel

Where did you obtain your Hive from? If it does heating only (one channel) then it’s a single channel, if it’s capable of hot water (two channels) then it’s a dual channel
Thank you for your reply. I got the hive from Toolstation looks,like single channel Hive Mini. I have attached the picture just to confirm if this is correct please? For the N L it seems like no space for new wire should I double it? Thanks very much for the help

Attachments

• 20231230_114225.jpg
    20231230_114225.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231230_114109.jpg
    20231230_114109.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 59
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation! Where is the L&N from the boiler please? Because in this block I didn't see the N&L
Thank you so much again it helps a lot
Follow the flex that supplies the boiler it will terminate in a bit of terminal block with a fuse in it attach the Hive L&N to the outlet terminal of that block and that way the hive receiver will have the added protection of the boiler fuse

That looks like an easiheat-i model not an easiheat C which has different connections.

You have a flying lead, LNE from the boiler ready wired, take that into the receiver of the Hive and link with the LNE from the power supply. Then take two cores from the switched terminals of the Hive to the TA terminals on the boiler PCB.

That looks like an easiheat-i model not an easiheat C which has different connections.

You have a flying lead, LNE from the boiler ready wired, take that into the receiver of the Hive and link with the LNE from the power supply. Then take two cores from the switched terminals of the Hive to the TA terminals on the boiler PCB.
Yes my bad, it is easiheat- i model. Thank you for your reply. May I confirm the picture attached correct ? L N from to Power supply, 1,3 to Boiler terminal shown in picture.
Thank you so much and hope you guys a Happy New Year! :)

Attachments

• 20231230_1141092.jpg
    20231230_1141092.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231230_1142252.jpg
    20231230_1142252.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 35
Looks ok to me but don't forget the LNE are all linked in the receiver backplate.

You will not want to know this but that boiler is a sealed case and should only be opened by a Gas Safe engineer so wiring is really out of bounds to the DIYer due to subsequent safety checks being necessary on recommission.

Looks ok to me but don't forget the LNE are all linked in the receiver backplate.

You will not want to know this but that boiler is a sealed case and should only be opened by a Gas Safe engineer so wiring is really out of bounds to the DIYer due to subsequent safety checks being necessary on recommission.
Understood. Thank you very much

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back