How to make a 45deg wall to a 90deg wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me please, im trying to put a 90deg corner onto a wall but dont know how???

the current wall is plasterboard and so is the ceiling and the floor is concrete with semi solid flooring.

would i be better off getting 2 sheets off mdf and plastering or build some sort of frame for plasterboard sheets?

Sponsored Links
wont be 45 unless both are the same as in 200 or 225 or 250

if you have a mitre saw cut a bit off 2x2" wood with 45% at each end cut it 40mm shorter than the distance between the lines to allow for 12mm mdf/plasterboard /ply screw and no nails into position every 16" top to bottom

Thanks for the reply but i dont really get what your saying.

Its not 45 deg its about 40 one side and 50 the other

the batons are positioned horizontally in the corner to form a triangle with 40ish at one end and 50ish% at the other end

Sponsored Links
Cut away plasterboard to each side to expose vertical fixing, screw a 50mm square timber to floor and ceiling at the new corner and fit plasterboard to post and existing verticles fit bead to corner and skim.

that sounds a bit more easier to do, ill have to see whats behind the wall first, thanks

I prefer the easy way, failing that the quick way, better still the quick and easy way. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back