How to rain proof a small wooden pyramid?

what is EPDM?

thanks in advance guys.
EPDM is a rubber sheet that can be glued to ply. You then need flash form for the edges and joins, this will last forever. Recommend Firestone rubber cover. This is what we use.

Sponsored Links
There should be a spanish version as it's made by a global company such as Firestone. But as were not in Spain I don't know. U will have to some investigation.

thank for all the advice people.

ok the only thing i could get in the big brico-depot store was a roll of thin rubber but with slight asphalty grainy one side. waterproof and cheap.

ok, how do i attach it glue, nails and screws? if so, what type of glue?

they said to maybe "fire" it on, but nobody is going to walk on it, and anything hot will burn some of the panelling.

surely glue is ok?

Sponsored Links
Ok now, I don't know if this job is for you....if I was you I would get a tradesman to fit this. Fire means it's should be heated with a blow torch (not the one you use for plumbing) before being stuck down as it's melts the adhesive allowing it to stick. I would not recommend using this felt with "glue"!!!! I wouldnt recommend u do this alone. Just get someone in. Otherwise your pyramid could turn into an ' ancient ruin'! :LOL:

Ok now, I don't know if this job is for you....if I was you I would get a tradesman to fit this. Fire means it's should be heated with a blow torch (not the one you use for plumbing) before being stuck down as it's melts the adhesive allowing it to stick. I would not recommend using this felt with "glue"!!!! I wouldnt recommend u do this alone. Just get someone in. Otherwise your pyramid could turn into an ' ancient ruin'! :LOL:

i dont want to spend more money on it - what is the problem with felt nails and glue? it only needs to keep the rain off and look kinda tight.

Since you don't want to take the advice, crack on, do want you to do! I ain't the one getting wet! Good luck!
FYI good luck getting the 'glue' to stick on the vertical.

Since you don't want to take the advice, crack on, do want you to do! I ain't the one getting wet! Good luck!
FYI good luck getting the 'glue' to stick on the vertical.

what vertical?

how will it get wet if glued, nailed, and sealed at edges with silicon?

FFS the sides. Since you seem to know what your doing crack on! Pritt stick would be a good glue to use. :rolleyes: :evil:

I have checked out your previous posts, you don't seem to listen to the advice given...why ask? :rolleyes:

i asked many sources.....why would you presume you are god on this question?

my mind is made up to use glue and nails.....for many reasons:

A) off grid area, no power tools possible (genny to far to carry from a road).
B) no one will walk on it.
C) it is only a fun cheap project.
D) i know others who used nail and glue and worked.

what i dont know is what type of glue and nails to use, again, i will use multiple sources, but this is the only place where i received mocking answers.

Ignore handyman77, he's delirious and doesn't know what he's saying having been suffering from the flu. :mrgreen:

what i dont know is what type of glue and nails to use,

Galvanised clout nails available from the French Brico-Depot stores.

For glue there's two options, both also available from Brico-Depot in France.
A thin black mastic primer, often used for priming a surface prior to sticking FlashBand or similar, comes in a tin of about 1/2 litre, apply by brush. Or
a thicker version of a similar poduct comes in a tube and is applied by caulking gun.
You'd probaly only use the thicker version around the edges.

Perhaps, when it's completed you could invite us all in for a meditation and a calming atmosphere, not all at once, of course, 'cos there doesn't look as thought there is sufficient room for more then one person at a time! ;)

thanks loads amigo......yep, the pyramid is just for one person, and sometimes two.

i think handymandy needs some chill time, so he is welcome :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back