how to remove a twin valve radiator

14 Nov 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
we have just moved into a bungalow built in the 70's which has twin valve rads. the boiler works fine so son't want the expense of changing the whole system but we do want to remove the radiator in the kitchen so we can get more cupboards in. can we remove a twin valve radiator without upsetting the rest of the heating system and if so, what is the best way to do this?

Sponsored Links
Depends what type of valve , you may have to link the pipework.
Hi thanks Steelmasons. Yes, the pipework needs linking to allow the flow to continue but both flow and return are on the same valve mechanism, The pipe diameter is very small (8 or maybe 10 ml) and the gap between flow and return pipe is only about 2". It looks like i need a female fitting for both pipes and then these have to be joined by a U bent pipe or fitting but there is such little room to manoevre.
Sponsored Links
what you have is commonly called twin flow , and if you want to change it but keep the existing configuration will be expensive, if you have the space get a lockshield valve on the other end and run the return behind the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local