How to replace a Hushflow washer on a dual-flush toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Two years ago, I had water dripping into the toilet pan which the plumber fixed by replacing the washer (a 1.25” Hushflow washer).

It's happened again and I want to fix it myself given that the plumber did it quickly and without tools. I've got the new washer but just can't figure out where it goes. The toilet is dual flush and 'built in'. Hopefully the attached pic is clear enough.

Would someone walk me through the procedure please? My grateful thanks in advance.
washer.jpg

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a pic of the top view. Can someone tell me where the washer actually goes as I'm having trouble figuring it out.
Also, how does the plastic fitting come apart - twist, pull etc?
My thanks to anyone able to assist.
top view.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've established that it's the ballvalve attached to the inlet hose that needs a new washer. Can anyone tell if my one is push-on or screw-on (I suspect push)?

And is there a knack to disconnecting it from the hose? I can't do it but then I'm wary of using too much force...
push or screw.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You have what looks like a push fit Iso Valve on the feed pipe. Turn the Grey/Blue lever 90deg to the valve to turn the feed off to the fill valve.

You then need to grip the Iso valve and using a plain screwdriver push the collet into the iso valve. This should release the grip of the push fitting on the inlet pipe of the fill valve. Keeping the collet pressed in, pull the feed pipe and iso valve off the fill valve inlet pipe.

81508-e3785d49a39bfb2469287bbe703f3a74.jpg

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Rob and thank you very much for that. Am I pushing in the right place (red line on attached pic)? It doesn't seem right given that the collet is already hard up to the valve (green line)...
closeup.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, that's the clarification I needed. Job done. Thank you so very much, Rob, I really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links