How to replace syphon boxed in toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
En-suite toilet suddenly not flushing, without having to press handle quickly a number of times.
Problem is, the cistern is boxed in behind a tiled wall and I can't even get my hand behind the wall to isolate the water.
If I turn the water off to the whole house, would there be any way of replacing the syphon without having to remove the whole tank as cannot get underneath the cistern?? View media item 56805 View media item 56806

Sponsored Links
There will be a polythene washer in that syphon that is easy enough to change BUT not in your situation :LOL:
I think you will have to make a hole through one tile to get to the nut on the bottom of the cistern ?

Your biggest problem is that the syphon is held in place by a backnut under the cistern.

No real need to isolate. Just tie the float arm so it cannot drop and allow water in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back