How to stop paint fumes from coming into room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have multiple chemical sensitivities and have a bit of a situation. Basically I live in a flat and the 'inside' of my flat is friendly with me. However recently without my knowing some painters came and just painted the little block surface underneath my windows. As a result if I open the windows all the paint fumes come in and make my entire flat unbearable.

Now this can easily be solved if I simply place something over the small areas that makes the surface underneath the window. I am on a high floor and nobody can notice if I cover it up. I am thinking maybe I should cover the surface with ducktape or something however WILL THIS prevent the fumes from coming up??

If not duck tape can you suggest something else? I just want to cover the surface outside the window so as to prevent the fumes from coming in when the window is open.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just don't open the window!

Leave it closed for a few days until the smell has gone.

If its still there in a few days then get in touch with whoever is responsble and make them aware of your issue.

Failing that, cover it in clingfilm :)

If you stick anything on it then the chances are that this will take the paint off with it and the decorators will return, along with a somewhat irritated letter from the building owner/management company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back