How to turn off water to hot water bath tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Have a problem with my hot water bath tap in that
when you undo it hardly any hot water comes out.
Had the same issue with the cold bath tap and it was the spindle which came off but the cold bath tap had its own isolating value so was able to turn off the water to it and fix spindle.

how do i turn the water off to fix the hot water tap ?
I have a combi boiler with on demand water in that when you turn on hot water it fires up If I switch off the boiler cold water still flows out hot water bath tap ?

the cold tap had a isolating value but the hot water bath tap doesn't have one ?
Any help with this greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Water will continue to flow through your boiler.....until you turn the mains supply off to the house.
John :)

Water will continue to flow through your boiler.....until you turn the mains supply off to the house.

Thanks but cant find where this is, found a
stop cock under kitchen sink, is this it but it wont turn with my hand ?
Please help

Sponsored Links
Hmm thats a bummer then!
The chances are it is the mains stopcock.....it may make things easier if you can back off the small hexagon nut where the tap spindle pokes through - thats the gland packing - but the chances are the tap will come free if you can heave on it enough (carefully!)
There may be an isolator for cold water entering the boiler but I tend to leave those be - leaks there are something you can do without!

Check the cold feed conection at the boiler. Very likely to have an isolating valve there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back