How to wire in a new room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning.

I have a Siemens room thermostat which has two wires inside. I bought a siemans rdh10rf set digital room stat which seemed
I've a good Idea at the time.

I thoughtbit would just be simple taking the old one off and connecting the new one on. However when I connect up the two wires nothing works.

Can anyone assist with some advice please I have attached photos of old and new.

Thanks

Ps having issues uploading photos boiler is a Chaff Britony system plus 100

Sponsored Links
you need a separate live and neutral to the receiver as well as the 2 wires that go to your existing roomstat,

So fit receiver by your boiler take a live and neutral from your existing fused spur into it . Then locate the wire leaving your boiler to room stat and connect them to the correct connections in the receiver (of top of my head Lx an L1)

Check the boier manual to make sure it can take 24v and not need volts free.

Sponsored Links
I would expect the receiver will have volt free switching contacts so that it will not be relevant what the boiler is applying to its call for heat contacts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back