How will they finish these type of tiles ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in semi my neighbours Im attached to are having a single level rear extension built with pitched roof, there side wall of the extension has been built right upto the boundary fence.

There builder have just put the roof tiles on, they are using the type of ties in the picture below (sorry for long link). At the moment where the tiles meet the new side wall the lowest part of the tile is resting on thewall but then where the tile rises again as a curve is hanging over the wall and the boundary, how are roofs like this usally finished on the side part ?
If they cerment it wont be flush with side wall, if they put some fscia over it it will be well over the boundary.

Neighbours and builders dont talk any English at all so no point asking them.

thanks

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ro...6&start=28&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:28,i:263

Sponsored Links
Their extension, plus any overhang, cloak, soffit barge etc must be contained within their own boundary.

To achieve this one would set the brickwork back say 150mm in from the boundary line so that the overhan does not trespass.

Anything overhanging the boundary is trespass and you are within your rights to object.

Second what noseall says.

Do a search on your local council's website for the planning application where you should be able to download the documents including plans for the work to see what was submitted, you should find that the work should halt at the boundary line, if it doesn't the building control office shouldn't pass the work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back