How would heaven work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't believe in the heaven and hell construct, however if people do then whatever floats your boat.

But, if heaven does exist, how exactly would it work? People say things like 'they'll be together again up there now' and 'we'll be able to see all the people we love and admire, even those we never met.'

Surely if there's any semblance of consciousness in heaven then the construct can't work? Unless everyone's lobotomised with no ability to feel anything other than love for everyone, heaven could be as dire as living on earth?

Imagine if Mr Bloggs is sitting in The Pearly Gates Arms in heaven having a pint with his beloved wife Mrs Bloggs. Then, who walks in but Miss Horny (yeah yeah she should be in hell ;)), a lady Mr Bloggs had an affair with and who was hated by Mrs Bloggs who found out about the affair.

Do they suddenly all just get along because they're in heaven? Laughing, joking, acting as if the earth stuff never happened?

Sponsored Links
Should there be an imaginary friend 'up there', one would hope there is a notice on the 'pearly white gates'...

"News about 'god' - She's black!"

Sponsored Links
Not a clue. What did Jeesus say - according to whoever wrote it down ages later?
Or is it old testament stuff?
Something in Revelations about there being limited space like 200,000 souls?

Doesn't one of the religions promise virgins in heaven? Their women must get unscrewed when they die.

Factoid - there are more people alive today than have ever lived before.

I have always wondered if, for example, the 3 month old baby shaken to death that wakes up in heaven is allowed to lodge a complaint about the "maker" allowing their death. Mind you, that God dude killed millions of unborn babies when he decided to flood the planet. Later he used 2 she bears to kill 42 kids for calling Elisha bald. God doesn't seem to be a very nice person if the Bible is to be believed. And if the Bible has been corrupted by bad men, why do people treat is as gospel?

I only recently discovered that the Americans edited the Bible to make it anti-g.a.y back in the 1940's.

Earlier versions said "man shall not lay with small boys as he would a woman"- Biblica (the American firm) changed that to "man shall not lay with man as he would a woman".

The German version of the bible used the phrases that were in Martin Luther's version of the Bible, the American Biblica organisation paid to reprint their evangelical, homophobic version. The intentional mistranslation in the German Bible did not appear until 1983.

Should there be an imaginary friend 'up there', one would hope there is a notice on the 'pearly white gates'...

"News about 'god' - She's black!"
You're perhaps conflating debates about the colour of Jesus with God? If we've to believe in these constructs, Jesus was indeed human and might have been black. Gods are entities and therefore colourless?

I go with the Hindu caper

You get reincarnated as some thing else dependant upon how you have been in your life

Some will come back as rats

Think I will
Come back as a panda in captivity

Every one likes pandas and you get well looked after

We work for a Hindu lady some stray cat came around her house she believes said cat is a reincarnation of some one she has known ?? So she is obliged to
Be kind and look after the cat

Might be a bit quirky but I quite like the concept

I go with the Hindu caper

You get reincarnated as some thing else dependant upon how you have been in your life

Some will come back as rats

Think I will
Come back as a panda in captivity

Every one likes pandas and you get well looked after

We work for a Hindu lady some stray cat came around her house she believes said cat is a reincarnation of some one she has known ?? So she is obliged to
Be kind and look after the cat

Might be a bit quirky but I quite like the concept
Does that mean that all animals are inferior to humans, and deserved to be punished, because they did something wrong in a previous life?

Does that mean that all animals are inferior to humans, and deserved to be punished, because they did something wrong in a previous life?
Dunno

Never got to really question said Hindu lady ??

Sponsored Links
Back