How would heaven work?

Sponsored Links
Not a clue. What did Jeesus say - according to whoever wrote it down ages later?
Or is it old testament stuff?
Something in Revelations about there being limited space like 200,000 souls?

Please forgive the nitpick, but its Revelation.
Factoid - there are more people alive today than have ever lived before.
Main reason for reply though is that this is not true. Even if you assume some year zero when humans first appeared (which, give evolution, is problematic).

Last edited:
Religion cannot send you anywhere in the afterlife as it doesn't exists but people grouping together with an aim after they die can be a good thing if used in a community helpful way as it gives hope and a community off friendly helpful people
where it falls down is when people think they have Devine protection, like the racing driver fangio who thought he could not die so took no care
edit it may not have been fangio but it was a racing car driver who thought he had devine protection
religion is great if those in charge only have charitable caring actions without oppressive and superiority and material gains in their minds this includes abuse which unfortunately has been endemic over the century

Last edited:
Main reason for reply though is that this is not true. Even if you assume some year zero when humans first appeared (which, give evolution, is problematic).

I checked the figure - not a subject I care to put much effort into...!
It's 144,000, but different groups have said it refers to different things.

Always happy to have a childhood factoid corrected.
IIRC a fact on QI has a half life of 10 years. Though that may be wrong by now.

Sponsored Links
religion is great if those in charge only have charitable caring actions without oppressive and superiority and material gains in their minds this includes abuse which unfortunately has been endemic over the century
Sure if you don't mind some disgusting self-important to$$er wanting to think he's "over" you on the basis of Hocus Pocus.

I only recently discovered that the Americans edited the Bible to make it anti-g.a.y back in the 1940's.

Earlier versions said "man shall not lay with small boys as he would a woman"- Biblica (the American firm) changed that to "man shall not lay with man as he would a woman".

"Early versions"

you are mistaken.

the English-language King James Version does not say that.
published 1611

You will not find an earlier complete English-language bible

don't believe everything you find on American websites.

btw it is in Leviticus, and I can confidently say that nobody believes and practices what Leviticus says fully and precisely.

it is only used by people who want to pick out a fragment that appeals to them while ignoring the rest. It is mostly a set of procedural instructions as a manual for people wishing to follow the trade or calling of priesthood.

this verse is Leviticus 18:22 KJV if you want to look it up

BTW it is not Christian teaching but old Jewish writings.

According to the book of Jesus

is this a book you wrote yourself?

if not, tell us what book it is.

Are you a scholar with access to unpublished texts in the archives of Istanbul or the Vatican?

Obviously you don't mean the New Testament.

"Early versions"

you are mistaken.

the English-language King James Version does not say that.
published 1611

You will not find an earlier complete English-language bible

don't believe everything you find on American websites.

btw it is in Leviticus, and I can confidently say that nobody believes and practices what Leviticus says fully and precisely.

it is only used by people who want to pick out a fragment that appeals to them while ignoring the rest. It is mostly a set of procedural instructions as a manual for people wishing to follow the trade or calling of priesthood.

this verse is Leviticus 18:22 KJV if you want to look it up

BTW it is not Christian teaching but old Jewish writings.
Martin Luther's version of the bible talks about child molesters, which makes sense give that wealthy Greek men believed that shagging small boy was more virtuous then shagging their wives.. I need to do more research before replying further though. Tnx

is this a book you wrote yourself?

if not, tell us what book it is.

Are you a scholar with access to unpublished texts in the archives of Istanbul or the Vatican?

Obviously you don't mean the New Testament.
Found in the desert many years ago mainly unpublished due to the fact it contradicts many of the gospels.

Sponsored Links
Back