How would you move these sockets?

. I want to try and avoid lifting the floor as it’s glued chipboard sheet.
Clip the cables directly on the wall behind the units, chase in the short vertical sections to the sockets.
All will end up in the service void behind the new units.

Unless they are Ikea units, in which case buy the kitchen from somewhere that actually knows how to make kitchens.

Sponsored Links
What is the problem with ikea units, or is it the inconvenience they cause trades?

blup

What is the problem with ikea units
No service void at the back, so cables, pipes and the rest either have to be completely chased into the wall, or located elsewhere.
Massively increases the amount of work required.

Sponsored Links
No service void at the back, so cables, pipes and the rest either have to be completely chased into the wall, or located elsewhere.
Massively increases the amount of work required.
And a very shallow service void beneath the base unit as well. Worst kitchens I've ever seen.

You would have thought the flat pack experts would have got it right by now!

...maybe that’s me being old fashioned.
Don't say that!

That would make me and other sparks of a similar vintage (or older) more old fashioneder!

As an aside, when I started casual work for a spark in 1983, he asked me to fit a bunch of 16mm light switch back boxes to the wall and gave me a hammer, a star drill and a handful of fibre wall plugs!

Don't say that!

That would make me and other sparks of a similar vintage (or older) more old fashioneder!

As an aside, when I started casual work for a spark in 1983, he asked me to fit a bunch of 16mm light switch back boxes to the wall and gave me a hammer, a star drill and a handful of fibre wall plugs!
Sounds more like 1963

Don't say that!

Sounds more like 1963
Quite by coincidence I purchased a house in March 1983 and received council grants for a whole raft of things, including replacing gutters and downpipes (very rusty stuff complete with holes) and the builder used a star drill for the downpipes despite there being a powered extension lead laying there specifically for him as previously agreed.

And of course star drills very much in force in BT that late:cry::rolleyes:

Star drills had just about disappeared when I started out but my main job as an apprentice was knocking out back boxes with a lump hammer and sash knife. We eventually got all modern when we upgraded to a scutch chisel :LOL:

Quite by coincidence I purchased a house in March 1983 and received council grants for a whole raft of things, including replacing gutters and downpipes (very rusty stuff complete with holes) and the builder used a star drill for the downpipes despite there being a powered extension lead laying there specifically for him as previously agreed.

And of course star drills very much in force in BT that late:cry::rolleyes:
Did he wear a flat cap and smoke Woodbines?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back