How would you tackle Covid19

Lockdown, stay indoors, get a vaccine.

Will the government run out of money though? Does it matter?

Maybe the plan is, in time, people will become so used to not going out that we'l all become like hobbits and never want to leave the village. Except to steal some cabbages.

Sponsored Links
believe we are doing this all wrong, instead of blanket immunisation of the whole population we should focus on the 'allergic' ones, it seems evident some people are dying due to a hypersensitivity, we should first identify and test our NHS staff and public ages 20-40 for this hypersensitivity marker.
The virus has receptors which are particularly adept at latching on to alveoli cells in the lungs,reproducing inside and in the process destroying the alveoli and hence your ability to transport oxygen...Nothing to do with hypersensitivity.

Maybe the plan is, in time, people will become so used to not going out that we'l all become like hobbits and never want to leave the village. Except to steal some cabbages.
Ferkin Nora

The virus has receptors which are particularly adept at latching on to alveoli cells in the lungs,reproducing inside and in the process destroying the alveoli and hence your ability to transport oxygen...Nothing to do with hypersensitivity.
But some people are more sensitive to this phenomenon than others. And the rub is none of us know who - I have never had the flu in my life and my last cold was back in 2005 - but none of that guarantees I would not be one of the hypersensitive ones when it comes to CCV19 - it could knock me for six. The big problem with this Chinese flu is, it's an unknown.

Sponsored Links
Being a man is a bad indicator

So is being past retirement age.

Smoking doesn't help.

High blood pressure may make it worse

Other chest or breathing problems seem to be bad.

Some people get few infections because they live and work away from other people. A supermarket till operator catches everything going. A hill sheepfarmer may seldom be ill, until he retires and spends more time in the pub playing dominoes, when he has no resistance to whatever carries him off in a bad winter. Hospitals are bad places to go because they're full of ill people in poor health.

But some people are more sensitive to this phenomenon than others. And the rub is none of us know who - I have never had the flu in my life and my last cold was back in 2005 - but none of that guarantees I would not be one of the hypersensitive ones when it comes to CCV19 - it could knock me for six. The big problem with this Chinese flu is, it's an unknown.
I am not sure of the context of the word hypersensitive...Suggests anaphalactic shock,asthma,allergies etc where ones immune system over reacts to a threat...Lack of cold etc is more down to individual immune system set up..Mute point I realise.But absolutely right,I rarely catch cold but that is irrelavent to Covid 19 susceptability.

Being a man is a bad indicator

So is being past retirement age.

Smoking doesn't help.

High blood pressure may make it worse

Other chest or breathing problems seem to be bad.

Some people get few infections because they live and work away from other people. A supermarket till operator catches everything going. A hill sheepfarmer may seldom be ill, until he retires and spends more time in the pub playing dominoes, when he has no resistance to whatever carries him off in a bad winter. Hospitals are bad places to go because they're full of ill people in poor health.
Indeed..But the trade off is "herd immunity"" if one mixes with many people..Tiz a v complicated science,every bug and person is different.

What I’m struggling with are the updates from Belgium, they seem to be the only country telling the truth. There deaths to per head ratio is by far the highest in the world. Conspiracy, Collusion, Controversy and COVERUPS and that’s just CHINA.!

Interesting, ok so how do you explain many people dying from a cytokine reaction?

Quote from Guardian article posted recently..

"Why does the virus sometimes cause death?
Occasionally, however, the virus can cause severe problems. This happens when it moves down the respiratory tract and infects the lungs, which are even richer in cells with Ace-2 receptors. Many of these cells are destroyed, and lungs become congested with bits of broken cell. In these cases, patients will require treatment in intensive care.

Even worse, in some cases, a person’s immune system goes into overdrive, attracting cells to the lungs in order to attack the virus, resulting in inflammation. This process can run out of control, more immune cells pour in, and the inflammation gets worse. This is known as a cytokine storm. (In Greek, “cyto” means cell and “kino” means movement.) In some cases, this can kill the patient.

Just why cytokine storms occur in some patients but not in the vast majority is unclear. One possibility is that some people have versions of Ace-2 receptors that are slightly more vulnerable to attacks from the coronavirus than are those of most people."

And from New Scientist

"Diseases such as covid-19 and influenza can be fatal due to an overreaction of the body’s immune system called a cytokine storm.

Cytokines are small proteins released by many different cells in the body, including those of the immune system where they coordinate the body’s response against infection and trigger inflammation. The name ‘cytokine’ is derived from the Greek words for cell (cyto) and movement (kinos)."

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/term/cytokine-storm/#ixzz6KQSkPKfr

Its not anaphylactic its autoimmune.

Its the body destroying itself in its attempt to fight the virus. i.e. multiple organ failures

Most of the treatment research is focused around Erythropoietin (known as EPO) and Immune suppression.

Global coordination:
- Any country with unexplained low Covid numbers remains on exclusion. They must be covering it up.
- Local easing of lockdown. If you look at where the centres are, there are large parts of the UK with low levels of outbreak. For example the Isle of whight has had Less than 20 deaths and 100 Covid cases, there is no reason for the island to have the same lock down as London. They absolutely should stop people coming in, but they could be one large isolation community. There will be other places like this.

There are too many countries for them to cover up - some techniques of control work better that others

Maybe they could remove restrictions in the Isle of White as a test but if the virus is there soon all would have it at a rate that depends on how they are distributed. The graphs shown on the briefs show fairly level lines for the number of cases except London. The midlands had a hump but is now pretty flat. The west midlands is probably like London but causing a hump and now the east midlands is maintaining the line. These show how it's spreading.

12thApr
DeathsUk12apr.jpg

22ndApr
DeathsUk22apr.jpg

;) Sorry about different formats. I still think the % deaths in the UK is odd. Around 1/5 of the population is ethnic and mostly living in England. The true all round death figures will be noticeably higher.

Absolutely right hence my opening post we test and focus on them first as these seem to be the predominantly vulnerable, and this would be significantly less intensive in vaccines and treatment, we know over 65 are vulnerable anyway they are close to end of life and have had a fair innings i know that's not so pleasant but at 30 for example you still really should have a shot at being older, and are theoretically making a greater contribution to mankind.

Some really interesting posts so far (y) would be nice to see some of the staunch government critics chip in too.

I would say a 10-20% of the world's population are being impacted by Covid without any proper controls in place. Thats enough to get a second wave when those who are locking down ease the restrictions and mingle with those super spreaders.

Sponsored Links
Back