How would you tackle Covid19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Come on then armchair experts lets hear it, seeing as a few of you on here think you could do better than our government.

Ill go first as it's my game. :p

Understanding and re prioritising approach.

I believe we are doing this all wrong, instead of blanket immunisation of the whole population we should focus on the 'allergic' ones, it seems evident some people are dying due to a hypersensitivity, we should first identify and test our NHS staff and public ages 20-40 for this hypersensitivity marker.

We then identify these people and first immunise or engineer immunomodulator therapy in order to treat them if infected which would unlock the rest of this agegroup to return to normal life, knowing the rest may only suffer mild symptoms if ill.

Move to 40-60 repeat again.

This would significantly reduce the main risk groups and free up NHS until we develop a national vaccine.

Sponsored Links
I would adjust the polarity on the 5G antennas so that they alter the inductive resonance of the Corona Viruses to only affect people who like marmite.

No excuses, no mercy

You’re asking a lot aren’t you? Plenty on here are quick to criticise but offer no solutions.

I can see a fault with your plan though - we have no immunisation yet!

Me, I’d consider banning international travellers from coming to the U.K. except under extreme circumstances with a quarantine period although that wouldn’t be easy or cheap and should have been done a lot sooner in my opinion. I’d also stop every private car and check that their journey is necessary - far too many people are out and about. Someone in my street has at least a couple of visitors a day and yesterday, someone dropped their kid round to play with theirs all day.

I saw an expert on the telly the other morning that spoke great sense. He said there’s one piece of equipment that can slow the spread of this disease and we all have it. It’s called a front door and we should stay behind it.

On a more serious note, we stick with lockdown until the deaths per day are down to 100 or fewer.

Allow doctors to request Covid-19 tests and institute a tiered service. Very sick = next day. Symptomatic lower priority, contact tracing lower still.

Loosen lockdown rules so that life can start getting closer to normal. Allow shops to open but with social distancing enforced. See how that goes and consider opening up more.

International travel is going to stay dried up for quite a while. I doubt we'll be welcomed anywhere in the near future, being a hotbed of Covid-19.

Sponsored Links
I saw an expert on the telly the other morning that spoke great sense. He said there’s one piece of equipment that can slow the spread of this disease and we all have it. It’s called a front door and we should stay behind it.

I expect this expert has no money worries, no little kids to home school / entertain, a decent - sized pad in a middle - class area, a regular Ocado delivery slot, a garden to potter around in, work in which to engross himself in.........

....... this lockdown lark is a piece of p! ss for some (y)

I expect this expert has no money worries, no little kids to home school / entertain, a decent - sized pad in a middle - class area, a regular Ocado delivery slot, a garden to potter around in, work in which to engross himself in.........
Maybe but even unemployed people living with kids on a sink estate in rented council high rise flats have a front door.

Last edited:
I would adjust the polarity on the 5G antennas so that they alter the inductive resonance of the Corona Viruses to only affect people who like marmite.

No excuses, no mercy
But the chinese will just point them back to everyone with their inbuilt admin level access...

You’re asking a lot aren’t you? Plenty on here are quick to criticise but offer no solutions.

I can see a fault with your plan though - we have no immunisation

Aha but that's why i suggested in parallel we develop immunotherapy treatment for the hypersensitive group so if they fall ill before the vaccine is available we have a treatment plan for them, this should prevent the cytokine storm effect that is killing many at the moment as if they are allergic ton covid19.

Until.then these people are cat1 strict lockdown isolate where possible.

Agree about movement in Cyprus our friends cannot move outside without a text first that grants them movement otherwise it's a massive fine.

But the chinese will just point them back to everyone with their inbuilt admin level access...
That's assuming that they aren't already doing it my way. I'll bet you no one has run any correlations between marmite and outcomes.

I think it would be only fair if Brexit voters were made to isolate fo a year or so, whilst Remoaners ( who don't seem to like what the future holds) were encouraged to go outside and mingle.

It's late so for the moment just one. Wash hands fine but more thought about what people might touch especially when shopping and what to do with the items bought.

If some one has filled a trolley most of things they will have touched out of the house will be in it. It doesn't take all that many items to do that.

Hand out happy drugs so that the population can get bombed out of there eads

Seek advice on it from the Dutch ;)

If some one has filled a trolley most of things they will have touched out of the house will be in it. It doesn't take all that many items to do that.
Seriously, my wife wipes every bit of shopping down with a weak bleach solution before storing it away.

Sponsored Links
Back