How's this ...

Sponsored Links
The judge is being investigated. It was a lenient sentence, but was not uncommon. It's news worthy because she's seen as a privileged woman with connections. I'm not sure how true that is. Most people would do time if they stabbbed someone.

I agree that the paragraph (if it is one) needs some work.

I agree that the paragraph (if it is one) needs some work.
You can get the gist though and certainly better than some red top journalism.

How many people say 'spoon fuls' instead of 'spoons full'. DM readers won't bat an eye lid.

That women is a nailed on psycho, bunny boiler. People who are prepared to use a knife, in a situation like hers, do not do it on a whim.

Lavinia Woodward is training, or was, to be a heart surgeon.

Perhaps she was practicing her knife technique :):)

I imagine a heart surgeon would need to have certain personality qualities, which Im not sure being a nutter with a coke habit sits well with that....

Sponsored Links
Indeed.. You can imagine a Silence of the lambs type scenario.. I've heard that people who stab, get a kind of sexual kick out of the feeling.. the resistance and give of the flesh as it punctures etc.

I think the whole idea of a coke addict working in an environment where they can self medicate is also questionable.

It is undeniable that Justice isn't blind. Women usually get more lenient treatment than men.

Anyway - ignore what you read in the press. The best summary of the facts are here: https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/sentencing-remarks-r-v-lavinia-woodward.pdf

Last edited:
It took me 3 attemtps to get my English GCE, so I've no idea what a preposition is, but I know the sentence is wrong.

How many people say 'spoon fuls' instead of 'spoons full

I think the correct term, is actually spoonful for singular, and spoonsfuls for plural. No double ll at any point, nor seperate words.

Back