How's your luck with Premium Bonds?

well it is if you buy a car with it
No, it was a place to park it until the bill came in. I took a wedge out of a pension scheme in late March and paid at the end of May.

Mottie will be pleased to know I paid 20% tax on most of it.

Sponsored Links
I thought you used to brag you had £50k in them?

In two years of 8% inflation, you would have lost £8k of value.

Not what I call "fun"
Like I said, fun money. You claimed to have reduced your holdings and after taking some out to buy a car, you still claim to have £16k left in them so how much did you have and how much did you 'lose'?

In any case:

IMG_5622.jpeg

Last edited:
PB's are for fun. The chance of winning something every month. Its not about interest vs prize money! If it was, then dont buy them!

Sponsored Links
18 months later while we went through the highest rates of inflation we'd seen for years? Was it the long term car park you parked it in?
March to May is not 18 months.

You said you were getting out in Jan '22. Your first spoiler post#4 in this thread so 17 months if you insist on splitting hairs.
I paid for the car in May 22 for delivery 1st June. I placed my order around Christmas. I had already been reducing my Bonds balance whenever I had something to spend it on. I usually reduce my cash holdings at the beginning of each tax year. But annoyingly, they keep building up again. I drew money out of a pension, as I mentioned, in March 22, before the end of the tax year, and parked some in Premium Bonds until the car bill was due.

I have not bought another car this year.

I paid for the car in May 22 for delivery 1st June. I placed my order around Christmas. I had already been reducing my Bonds balance whenever I had something to spend it on. I usually reduce my cash holdings at the beginning of each tax year. But annoyingly, they keep building up again. I drew money out of a pension, as I mentioned, in March 22, before the end of the tax year, and parked some in Premium Bonds until the car bill was due.

I have not bought another car this year.
Were you doing the Hokey Cokey at the time?

Well, I doubled what I won in November. Just call me Double-0 Mottie.

IMG_5778.gif

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back