Hahahahaha!

Might be my best ever!

On quite a small balance!

chrome_screenshot_2 Nov 2023 06_58_53 GMT.png

That's "random" for you!

Sponsored Links
My misses got £100 this month on a holding of just over £1000

My holding of £6600 got me zero

BTW, current inflation rate is 6.7%, so of course you are losing wealth.

As even NS&I says, premium bonds are not for you, if you are concerned about inflation.
And of course you’re not concerned about inflation, you hardly ever mention it…

Since this is lower than inflation, and since inflation is on the up, I plan to cash them in, rather than allowing their value to be eroded
Two years ago and you're still winning on them. What rate were you cashing them in at then, a pound a month?
Hahahahaha!

Might be my best ever!

On quite a small balance!

View attachment 319346

That's "random" for you!

Run with fox, hunt with the hounds, eh?

Sponsored Links
For the benefit of the grumbler, I kept some handy last year when I was preparing to buy a car. Most of them I then cashed in, and usually keep enough to cover unexpected expenses. I now have about £16k, I will take out £2880 shortly to top up a pension, and maybe some more for a holiday.

I don't mind keeping some ready money in near-cash, but it is not an investment or savings vehicle for me.

For the benefit of the grumbler, I kept some handy last year when I was preparing to buy a car. Most of them I then cashed in, and usually keep enough to cover unexpected expenses. I now have about £16k, I will take out £2880 shortly to top up a pension, and maybe some more for a holiday.

I don't mind keeping some ready money in near-cash, but it is not an investment or savings vehicle for me.
well it is if you buy a car with it

but it is not an investment or savings vehicle for me.

As I’ve said before, time and again, neither is it for just about everybody who holds them so perhaps it’s time for you to stop telling everybody how bad an investment they are and how much they've all lost due to inflation. We KNOW it’s not an investment or savings scheme - it’s just fun money for a little gamble with no chance of losing your stake money.

We KNOW it’s not an investment or savings scheme -

I thought you used to brag you had £50k in them?

In two years of 8% inflation, you would have lost £8k of value.

Not what I call "fun"

Sponsored Links
Back