How's your luck with Premium Bonds?

taken the lot out . put all in a chase account 1.5%

Sponsored Links
Kent reliance 1 year fixed bond. 2.79%. Monthly interest.
you want a long term investment? and you're probably well experianced to get involved with this one - get a small warehouse and stuff if full of hot hatches from the turn of the century. 15 to 20 years time when ICE cars are a thing of the past, petrol heads will remortgage their house to get a bit of real action.

Sponsored Links
you want a long term investment? and you're probably well experianced to get involved with this one - get a small warehouse and stuff if full of hot hatches from the turn of the century. 15 to 20 years time when ICE cars are a thing of the past, petrol heads will remortgage their house to get a bit of real action.
Why bother with only hot hatches? All second hand petrol/diesel car prices will shoot up as we approach the 2030 deadline for banning the sale of new non EVs.

Why bother with only hot hatches? All second hand petrol/diesel car prices will shoot up as we approach the 2030 deadline for banning the sale of new non EVs.

if you are assuming that taxation will not change, and fuel will be cheap. You can expect congestion/pollution charges and exclusion zones to multiply. Presumably you won't mind the public contempt.

My own view is that diesels will dwindle to scrap value, and there will be more used ICE cars available than people willing to buy them.

Mrs Mottie and I withdrew our bonds last month and have put them elsewhere. My new purchase of bonds (due to an unexpected large loan repayment from the brother-in-law) that I repurchased a few days after cashing in my bonds are not in the draw until next month. If I’d known it was coming I’d have left that amount in to continue in the draw but I digress.

My mother's £50k and my mother in laws £7k between them won **** all this month. My mum has asked me where to move her money to. She wants instant access (feck knows why - she's not planning on moving or making any large purchases) so I’ve told her Chase bank for 1.5% interest unless anything else comes up.

My mum has asked me where to move her money to. She wants instant access (feck knows why - she's not planning on moving or making any large purchases)

Maybe she has met a retired army officer online who needs help paying a hospital bill before he can fly over? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Kent reliance 1 year fixed bond. 2.79%. Monthly interest.

Hold yer horses on tying money up just yet. Talk of BOE raising rates by .5%, poss any day now.

I did look at the Kent one and it's a good rate. Year isn't too long to tie up money, but I'm holding off while we have rampant inflation to see what BOE do with rates.

Last edited:
Hold yer horses on tying money up just yet. Talk of BOE raising rates by .5%, poss any day now.

I did look at the Kent one and it's a good rate. Year isn't too long to tie up money, but I'm holding off while we have rampant inflation to see what BOE do with rates.
Yeah but I’d you think like that, you’ll be holding on forever waiting for the next rate rise!

Sponsored Links
Back