HRM Wallstar 15/19 not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a wallstar 15/19 which stopped working yesterday. It sounds like it's about to fire up (I can hear the motor running and cold air comes from the exhaust) but it refuses to ignite. It's not a total lock out where the red light comes on on the reset button, it simple won't fire up. I've bled the pump (we had some oil delivered a few days ago and I thought it may an airlock) but it's made no difference. Any help/ideas greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Dirty photo cell or fuel pump or an ignition problem. Unless you know what to do; I would suggest you contact the person that services it.

Control box has gone, possibly along with the ebi or solenoid. Put new box on first ,if lockout occurs pull the burner out and look at the nozzle. If oily replace ebi. If dry check continuity of solenoid and replace if there is none. Stix.

thanks for that, sounds a bit technical for me! I'll get in touch with my heating engineer, but at least I'll be able to point him in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
I'd be carefull "pointing the engioneer in the right direction" none of us pro's like an Internet trained expert!! (no offence) ;)

IS there an air bubble in the clear oil line?... could be a few things as the other engineers have stated, IF its NOT going to lock out & continually running without igniting then it could be photocell going "open circuit", depends where in sussex you are as am in east sussex so might be able to help

Hi, yes there is an air bubble in the pipe, which I understand is normal for this type of boiler. I did take the photo cell out to have a look, and it looked pretty dirty, I gave it a quick wipe and replaced, but it made no difference. I'm in East sussex too TN21, is that anywhere near you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back