HRM Wallstar combi 25/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -got a Hrm wallstar 25/19 thats started to draw air into the fuel line (the clear one) have bled once for the customer but apparently the air is back after a few days. I know the answer is leaking joints but I did mention to the customer I would fit a tiger loop regardless on top of the repair to the oil line,
I looked up the manual for the boiler as you do and according to them if not over 2.5 mtr high which it's not quite, then theres no need for said T loop?? I thought all manufacturers wanted them fitting these days regardless .. So to fit or not to fit ????????????

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not the NRV that's failed? There is usually an air bubble in the flexi on these boilers - what are the symptoms?
If it's been working fine without a TL I'd save the customer the expense, the oil pump should be sufficient to pull once primed.

It's quite normal for an air bubble to appear in the pipe. Is the boiler locking out? How big is the air bubble? If it is causing a problem, then try a new NRV first. fitting a tiger loop will give you problems getting the pipes into the case, andwill look a mess at that height.

Air in the line is normal.
If the boiler isn't managing to drag the oil in then fuel pump or non return valve could be faulty.
Also possible air leak in fuel line if there are joints in the line.
Try running boiler from a small barrel of keroscene directly under the boiler but same height as oil tank. That should prove if it is the fuel line.

Sponsored Links
HRM use a special Handwheel fire valve that incorporates a non return valve the easiest way to test this is to Turn off the Burner, unscrew the bleed plug on the oil pump watch the oil in the hose, if it dissapears then the fire valve/NRV need replacing. as has been said several times it is normal for a "slug" of air to collect at the high point on the clear flexi hose.

P.S. The reason HRM do not require Tigerloop De-aerators (or remote fire valve as long as the boiler is above the oil tank) is that HRM hate OFTEC and are not members of said organisation ;)

It's quite normal for an air bubble to appear in the pipe. Is the boiler locking out? How big is the air bubble? If it is causing a problem, then try a new NRV first. fitting a tiger loop will give you problems getting the pipes into the case, andwill look a mess at that height.

It gets bigger over time so yes wii try thr NRV valve - are they specific to hrm or can they be bought from the usual places ? & I think your right it would look a mess with a tiger !

HRM use a special Handwheel fire valve that incorporates a non return valve the easiest way to test this is to Turn off the Burner, unscrew the bleed plug on the oil pump watch the oil in the hose, if it dissapears then the fire valve/NRV need replacing. as has been said several times it is normal for a "slug" of air to collect at the high point on the clear flexi hose.

P.S. The reason HRM do not require Tigerloop De-aerators (or remote fire valve as long as the boiler is above the oil tank) is that HRM hate OFTEC and are not members of said organisation ;)

Thank's for the good advice Boilerman - interesting about the Hrm/Oftec relationship .. would explain a lot.

Are you sure it's not the NRV that's failed? There is usually an air bubble in the flexi on these boilers - what are the symptoms?
If it's been working fine without a TL I'd save the customer the expense, the oil pump should be sufficient to pull once primed.

Yes there's too big an air bubble ! and keeps cutting out...going to get on the case to replace the NRV and scrap the TL idea found out why HRM don't use them now thanks to boilerman2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back