HRM Wallstar bleed valve location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've stupidly let my oil get too low and now I need to bleed the burner pipe. However, I can't work out which is the bleed valve.

Photo attached, can someone tell me which valve it is?

Cheers!
image.jpg

Sponsored Links
You bleed by removing the hex allen screw. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREW UNDER THE RED CAP.

So the one above the one under he red cap?

I could see three hex screws and thought it could be any of them...including the one under the red cap. Glad I asked! What does that one do?!

First change your clothes to something that you don't mind getting oily. Check to see if you have a filter by the tank that needs bleeding. Then remove the plug above the red cap and start the burner. It may take three or four presses of the reset button before you see oil.

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg
First change your clothes to something that you don't mind getting oily. Check to see if you have a filter by the tank that needs bleeding. Then remove the plug above the red cap and start the burner. It may take three or four presses of the reset button before you see oil.
My wife always tells me off for working on my bikes and doing DIY in my best T-Shirts!.

The only filter I can see is the one in the pic above, closer to the boiler than the tank but I guess it's the right one.
Is there a bleed valve on the filter? Or do you mean cleaning / replacing?

Found the filter - hidden under a slab along with the tap for turning the supply on & off.

So do I bleed the filter? Or do I clean or replace?

Cheers for your help so far.

It is always worth a clean after running out. The new delivery will have disturbed the sludge in the bottom of the tank.

Following on from this, I've begun my extension project and have had to temporarily move my oil feed pipe to facilitate laying of the concrete slab to FFL. So that the pipe isn't in the way during future processes, I have run the pipe from the tank, up the wall, over the door head, and back down to the burner, extending it using 10mm pipe and compression fittings.

I have attempted to bleed the fuel line but after many many presses of the reset button I'm still getting mostly air in the pipe.

Would this be down to a faulty connection, the route to the burner, or something else?

According to the user manual, the boiler can be placed up to 2.5m above the tank outlet so I didn't think taking the pipe over the door would cause an issue.

The total length of the run from the tank to the boiler is something like eight metres

Once the extension is up the boiler will be getting moved to a new location in the extension so the route of the pipe is just a temporary solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back