HSA 6080 Wire free SIREN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just re learnt the Siren, and having created a false entry proved it works.
However, I notice the blue light does not blink when in alarm off ? I assume it should ?
My neighbours alarms do, although not the same make.

Any help please
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lights only flash when alarm is activated or to confirm alarm has set or has been unset. Rest of time no flashing.

So would no flashing indicate to a burgler that it is possibly unarmed, particulally as my neighbours ( not the same mfr.) are flashing ???

No since ALL yale sirens do not flash whether armed or disarmed a burglar actually has no way of knowing if the alarm is armed or not.

The flashing of alarms that do flash does not indicate whether the alarm is armed or not either so in that respect whether you have flashing lights or not it makes no difference.

As long as your box is visible preferably with one at each side of your property that is all you need.

Sponsored Links
the Yale siren does not flash except during set/unset and during alarms.

However it is possible, should you wish, to add a battery-powered blinking LED which serves no other purpose. They can be bought on ebay for a couple of pounds, usually called "dummy alarm LED"

As the plastic window of the yale is blue, a blue one will look brighter than other colours.

It might make people think that your siren is a dummy though, if they know that real Yales do not routinely blink.

Blinking bellboxes seem to be quite common now. The Yale is battery operated so you will have to replace the batteries from time to time anyway. Lithium batteries would probably last a very long time.

I did for a while try that approach and added some blue blinking battery units inside sirens but they only flashed for about 8 months before failing and needing new batteries. You would really need them to be mains powered but then if the mains power went off unless you had battery back up again they would stop. Any system where you have a flashing light that subsequently stops could give a false impression that the system was not working or was disarmed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back